Thursday 27 August 2009

The Last Cigarette Together --A Poem For My Friend Nic Keating

The Last cigarette together,
It goes forever,
Miles and miles no matter;
It is last but not least,
Indeed;
We were friends, no doubt,
We had times of fanaticism,
But, I haven't realized,
How great you are,
But, that moments,
To “Goodbye” saying,
I just recognized,
How close and real,
We are being,
How much both,
For each are meaning
You came to have that smoke together,
I rolled twice,
And, pardon me I was in a fast,
I cannot break, because
I am fasting for God,
The first smoke for you,
And the second is for me, you to smoke;
We couldn't have the chance for sunrise to live,
For no reason, but,
Only because you are the “Sunrise”;
“The Princesa” and I we both by heart know,
How sensitive, romantic and special you are;
It's night, now, and I am rolling,
The cigarette as you would,
And I am smoking our Noon moments,
Into my chest breathing,
In retrospect, of our friendship,
As it is high, long and wide as a marine ship;
Last moments but not least,
Indeed;
Last cigarette together, but
We both believe that it is,
Only the inception,
To an eternity of,
Wonderland story,
But, it is not a wonderland,
It is rather the land living-hearted friends,
With a unique system of time,
That began at that moment of our,
Last cigarette together.
27th-28th of Aug. 09
© 2009 Ahmad Elghafari All Rights Reserved

No comments: